Monday, February 13, 2006

Man, I had a very busy day today. I had two tests today and two quizzes, and one of the tests was a final exam. The final exams are tests over what I learned the whole year. It was pretty hard, but I did well on it. I also did good on the history test. It was pretty hard too, but I got through it and made a 90!

I have been thinking lately of all the talk about nuclear weapons. How this country or that country is fixing to have nuclear weapons and will probably fire them at the United States? So what got me thinking about this is that in history class we were learning about the Cold War, and what really got the communists scared was a program called Strategic Defense Initiative or SDI. This program was started by Ronald Reagan and was a space satellite that if anyone ever fired a nuclear weapon at us this satellite would be able to change its direction and send it the opposite way. This got the communists so scared that they knew they had lost this war if we ever completed this program. They then started wanting to talk peace with us. The only bad part about the program was that it was costing loads of money and President Reagan was not getting much support about it; so the program was never finished. How come during all this talk about people firing nuclear weapons at us President Bush does not finish this program and be done with it? Maybe they are working on it, or maybe they already have it. I know that I am probably not the only one who has thought about this, but it is something to think about. Well, that is it for me so love, peace, and soul.

No comments: