Friday, February 10, 2006

Man, it is a horrible day today outside. The wind is blowing ,it is cold, and the clouds are this dark gray color.

School went fine today, and I did okay on all my quizzes and things.

One thing I had to do today was say Antony's speech from Julius Caesar by William Shakespeare. We also read the play in school. I myself did not really enjoy the play. I think it was because Shakespeare did such a good job writing the play that I actually disliked the bad guys so much that I just did not like the play. For those of you who have not read the play or do not know much about Julius Caesar here is some background. Julius Caesar defeats Pompay (Romes former leader) and declares himself dictator. The citizens of Rome love him, but the senators hate him. One senator named Cassius is very jealous of Caesar and devises a plot to kill him. Caesar's friend Brutus is also one of the conspirators, but he says he is going to kill Caesar because he knows he is a dictator and wants Rome to be free. So they kill him, and people that were partial to Caesar raise an army and kill Brutus, Cassius and the other conspirators. The thing that bugged me most about this is that most of the conspirators said they were going to kill him for the good of Rome. Although, that was not the case. They were doing it for personal reasons only. I think the only conspirator really doing it for the sake of Rome was Brutus. This is the problem. Brutus thinks that killing his friend, and saving Rome from a dictator is not murder. He believes the lie that the end justifies the means. So this story really showed me human nature, and after all that happened, Caesar's nephew, Octavius becomes power hungry and names himself dictator for life, of Rome. Everyone in this story was looking out for himself, and not anyone else.

Well that is is for me so love, peace, and soul.

1 comment:

Bocephus said...

My comment on the previous one should have been here.
Dad